Go back to job overview
Are you an entrepreneurial sales manager with a great drive and experience in marketing driven and/or solution sales within the loyalty, (grocery) retail and/or FMCG industry in an international environment?
In this role you will be responsible for new business development for UNGA global, focusing on marketing driven solution sales. Provide the leadership to position the company at the forefront of the industry, focusing on grocery retailers. Support the company’s vision and objectives: drive revenue, profitability and growth, turn customers into accounts, oversee operational excellence (ensuring local relevant creativity, efficiency, quality, service, and effective resource management). You will be reporting to the Commercial Director.
Main tasks and duties
- Develop a global go to market strategy, expand (grocery) retail relationships, start new business development and generate sales.
- Manage global growth and recognize whether it makes sense to invest time in certain projects and make commercial decisions accordingly
- Provide appropriate operational management to meet agreed performance KPI’s (within agreed budgets and time-lines).
- Review activity reports and financial statements to determine and manage progress/status of leads, customers and projects
- Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans.
- Liaise with other functional/departmental managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development, and to ensure they are fully informed on operational objectives, purposes and achievements.
UNGA is a quickly growing, dynamic and creative toy company. We create toys and marketing campaigns for visionary retailers in more than 30 countries around the globe. Headquartered in the center of Amsterdam, we have offices in Hong Kong, Moscow and Guangzhou. Our company is a think tank buzzing with creative strategists, marketers, designers, innovators, toy makers, techies, movie buffs, analysts, field researchers, culture vultures, globetrotters, pirates, jedi, smile creators, trend watchers and cool hunters. Together we work on creating the greatest innovative and entertaining loyalty campaigns and kids’ products.
Requirements educational, working knowledge and experience
- Bachelor or university degree, business related.
- At least 10 years experience in broad and hands-on new business development and sales roles
- Experience in marketing, marketing driven sales and/or solution sales
- Relevant working experience in: (retail) loyalty companies (e.g. TCC, Brand Loyalty), licensing (e.g. Disney), shopper marketing or brand activation agencies, retailers (marketing preferred)
- You have excellent communication and negotiation skills, fluent in English (German is a plus)
- You have a consultive way off selling
- Likes airports (willing to travel on a frequent base)
Affinity and experience with family/kids business (e.g. entertainment, toys) and/or loyalty business (e.g. loyalty company, retailer).
Behavioural competences and skills
- Entrepreneurial, great drive, great will to win
- Initiator, being able to work autonomously
- Persistant, creative (understand the process to turn a concept into tailor made)
- Deal-maker but also able to keep your patience due to the long and complex sales cycles
- Open and flexible personality, giving constructive criticism
- You are able to make the difference, know the customers mindset and a person people gladly do business with
- A professional team player, a strategist, scout and sparring partner
- Responsible initiator (hands-on, make it happen, ‘here to help’ mentality)
- Strong organizational skills
- Analytical skills and accuracy
- Competence to work in an international environment
- Eager to grow with, and in a young expanding company
- Competitive base salary
- Variable bonus based on results
- Good secondary remuneration, like pension, travel allowance, mobile phone and laptop
- An inspiring, creative, flexible and open working culture
- Opportunity to grow with UNGA, and in time potentially become Sales Director
- Fun colleagues, regular fun events, Friday afternoon drinks and a great chef to provide us with the best office lunch in town
Do you want to join our team? Then we’d be more than happy to receive your resume and motivation letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check www.un.ga for more info about our work and our company.